First Aired: May 11, 2014
New treatments and opportunities for support continue to unfold. We’ll report on some of the latest advancements. And, in honor of Mother’s Day, we’ll share information about some resources designed to help Mom and her family on their cancer journey. We invite you to call in and share a story about your Mom as a patient, survivor or caregiver, or in memory of her importance in your life.
Some of the resources:
– The Helene Foundation – Provides assistance to North Carolina families whose Mom is going through active cancer treatment.
– Triage Cancer – helps you prioritize your needs and navigate cancer survivorship issues by connecting you with experts, information and resources
– Cancer and Careers – provides support for workers affected by cancer through educational events, expert advice and interactive tools
– Mommy and Me Cancer Foundation – Provides support to mothers with life-threatening cancer who have minor children
– When your parent has cancer – a National Cancer Institute e-booklet for teens
– Sisters Network Triangle NC – provides support and education for African-American women affected by cancer
– STOMP The Monster NC – provides financial assistance and support during the trying times of cancer treatment